Effective Date: October 8, 2016
This Privacy Notice applies to all Personal Information (defined below) that is collected by the Yes You Can! Foundation through this websiet (the “Site”) and offline.
The purpose of this Notice is to inform website users (“you” or “your”) such as Yes You Can! Foundation donors (“Donors”) what information may be collected from you when you visit the Site, how such information will be used, with whom such information will be shared, your choices regarding your information, your ability to edit, update, correct or delete such information and the security procedures that the Yes You Can! Foundation (“we,” “us,” or “our”) has implemented to protect your privacy.
- What kind of information does Yes You Can! collect?
1.1 Personal Information. When you visit the Site or make a donation to the Foundation, you may be requested to provide Personal Information to us. “Personal Information” is information that identifies, or permits someone to contact, an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect are names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, and payment card or banking information.
For example, the Yes You Can! Foundation and our service providers collect Personal Information when you fill out forms on the Sites, including, e-newsletter sign-up forms, donation forms, and advocacy action alerts. We may supplement the information we collect from you with information we collect from and about you from other online and offline sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms. For example, if you choose to connect your social media account to your Site account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us. This may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
We may also collect Personal Information from you when you create an account, make a donation, contribute content to the Site; use interactive features on the Site (e.g., tools, apps, or a chat feature), make a purchase on the Site (if such functionality becomes available in the future), sign an online petition, apply for a job or for a volunteer or internship opportunity, enter a contest, sweepstakes, or promotion, participate in polls or surveys, or otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request.
If you do not want to share your Personal Information with us, please do not submit it to us.
1.2 Log Files, Research and Data Analytics. We may also gather certain information automatically, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating systems, date/time stamps, and/or clickstream data. We gather this information to better understand our Donor and Site user-base and to improve our services to you. In addition, we may conduct research on your demographics, interests, and behavior based on non-Personal Information usage data. This data may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis and we may share this data with our service providers.
- How does Yes You Can! use and share my information?
2.1 Personal Information. If you choose to provide us with your Personal Information, we may use it for the following purposes:
- To accept and process donations;
- To respond to inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To send you information about us or our partners, including to contact you about fundraising campaigns or advocacy efforts;
- To personalize your interactions with us, such as to customize your web and email content based on your interests, send you requests to participate events in your area and otherwise target content and communications to you;
- To analyze trends;
- To enhance the operation of the Sites;
- To support and improve the services to our Donors;
- To serve you with content, advertisements and promotional materials;
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information; or
- To list donor names (without donation amounts) in our annual report unless you have designated your donation as anonymous.
Furthermore, if you donate more than $5,000 your name and donation must be reported to the IRS on our Form 990. We will send you a tax receipt at the end of the year if you donate over $250 that year.
We will also share your Personal Information with contracted service providers as may be necessary for us to achieve these purposes. These service providers are under a contractual obligation to use Personal Information only for the purposes for which they were hired.
2.2 Business Transitions. In the event the Yes You Can! Foundation goes through a business transition, such as being acquired, or selling all or part of our assets, Personal Information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. In such a case your Personally Information will be subject to the privacy notice of the acquiring entity.
2.3 Legally Required Law Enforcement, Judicial and Administrative Agency Disclosures. We will disclose Personal Information and related confidential information as necessary to comply with judicial and administrative orders, subpoenas, Civil or Criminal Investigative Demands, Administrative and Regulatory Demands, other legal obligations and if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, to protect your safety or the safety of others, or to investigate fraud.
- How will Yes You Can! communicate with me?
3.1 Special Offers and Updates. Yes You Can! sends all new Donors a welcoming email to verify account and donation details. Additionally, Donors may occasionally receive information from us or our partners about fundraising campaigns or advocacy efforts, sweepstakes, contests, and promotions. Donors may manage their electronic communications within the Subscription Center of their Office. In addition, you may stop receiving these kinds of emails by clicking “unsubscribe” in the footer of the email.
3.2 Service Related Announcements. On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
3.3 Donor Customer Service. We communicate with Donors and prospective Donors via email, regular mail, telephone, fax, electronic messaging or in person on a regular basis to provide requested services and/or in regards to issues relating to donations and the Foundation’s activities.
4.2 Do Not Track Browser Requests. We browsers often also allow you to send a “Do Not Track” request with your browsing traffic, which would enable anonymous browsing. However, anonymous browsing would prevent us from providing you with optimal Site functionality and content. For this reason, we do not honor Do Not Track requests from web browsers. However, we, and our service providers, only track your browsing history for the reasons described in this Privacy Notice and we do not allow third parties to engage in online behavioral advertising on the Sites.
- How can I access or correct my Personal Information?
If you identify any inaccuracies in your Personal Information, you may update the information yourself within your profile, or contact us at [insert Foundation #] for assistance.
- How long does Yes You Can! keep my Personal Information?
We will keep your Personal Information in active files or systems for three (3) years after your most recent donation has been made. After that time, we will remove your Personal Information from the active database and archive it in an inactive system.
- How secure is my Personal Information?
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information in our custoday and control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as secure and we cannot be responsible for harm that you or any other person may suffer as a result of a breach of confidentiality in respect to your use of the Sites or any information you transmit through the Sites.
- How are third party Links handled? The Sites may contain links to or from other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage users to be aware when they leave our Sites and to read the privacy notices of each and every website that collects Personal Information. This Privacy Notice applies solely to information collected by the Sites.
- California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance. Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. In addition, the Coach Policies and Procedures prohibit Coaches from sharing Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes without their consent.
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance. The Sites are general audience websites and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age. If you believe we may have collected information from your child on the Sites, please contact us and we will make reasonable efforts to delete the information from our records.
- What if I have questions or complaints? We take your privacy concerns seriously. If you believe we have not complied with this Privacy Notice, or have any other questions you may write to the address below, email us at email@example.com or call us at (786) 747-4070